Professional Articles of Dr. Sunil Deepak
Below you will find some research articles and reports by Dr Sunil Deepak. All the documents are in PDF format and are organised in chronological order (from most recent to the older).
Dr Deepak can be contacted by email at - sunil.deepak(at)gmail.com
- Final Report of a 18 months long Community-Based Emancipatory Disability Research (CB-EDR) in Mongolia, carried out in 2018-19 (Feb. 2020 version).
- Report of a national survey in Mongolia on Assistive Technology Capacity Assessment (ATA-C Survey) carried out in September-October 2019 as a consultant for AIFO, in collaboration with Tegsh Niigem Mongolia, with technical support from AT2030 team of the World Health Organisation and funding from Global Disability Innovation Hub, UK (December 2019 version).
- Report of a Diagnostic Study on the DPOs in Liberia - A comprehensive report about the National Union of Organisations of Disabled (NUOD) and Disabled Peoples Organisations (DPOs) in Bong, Grand Gedeh and Nimba counties of Liberia, with background information about state and non-state organisations and institutions active in the disability sector. Full report updated on 14 December 2018. An easy to understand summary version of this report is also available.
- Disability Classification Systems in Community-based Rehabilitation - A global review of how different countries classify the persons with disabilities and its related challenges in having comparable CBR data - Disability,CBR and Inclusive Development (DCID) journal, pp 106-123, December 2016
- Life-stories of persons with intellectual disabilities in Mandya district, India, Research paper, Knowledge Management for Development journal (KM4D), 11(1):8-24, September 2016
- Persons with Disabilities on a River Island in Brahmaputra river, Morigaon district (Assam, India), A brief report, Mobility India and Centre for North-East Studies, Guwahati, Assam, India, 2016
- Disabilities and Rehabilitation in the North-East of India, Dr Sunil Deepak, February 2016, Working Papers, Mobility India North-East, Guwahati, Assam, India
- Disabilities and Rehabilitation in Nagaland, Dr Sunil Deepak, February 2016, Working Papers, Mobility India North-East, Guwahati, Assam, India
- Disabilities and Rehabilitation in Sikkim, Dr Sunil Deepak, February 2016, Working Papers, Mobility India North-East, Guwahati, Assam, India
- Barriers Perceived by Women with Disabilities in Gaza Palestine, by Research paper by S. Deepak, I. J. A. Abu Lehya, W. N. Mdoukh & A. Lostia, in Disability & International Development, Germany, 2014/02
- Violence against Persons with Disabilities in Bidar District, India, Research paper by Sunil Deepak, Jayanth Kumar, Bapu Santhosh, et al in Disability CBR and Inclusive Development Journal (DCID), Vol 25, 2014/02
- Violence Against Persons With Disabilities - Report of An Emancipatory Research in Bidar district (Karnataka, India), Report by Dr Sunil Deepak, AIFO, Bologna, Italy, 2013
- Organisations of Persons with Disabilities and Community-Based Rehabilitation, with case studies of DPOs from India and Brazil, Review paper by S. Deepak, L. R. Dos Santos, G. Griffo, et al, in Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development Journal (DCID), Vol 24, 2013/03
- Impact of Community-based Rehabilitation on persons with different disabilities, Research paper by Deepak S., Biggeri M., Mauro V., Kumar J. & Griffo G., DCID journal, 2013/02
- CBR, health and rehabilitation, Review paper by Deepak S. and Pupulin E., Disability and International Development journal, 2013/02
- Self-care Groups of Leprosy Affected People in Mozambique, Research paper by Sunil Deepak, Paulo Estivar Hansine & Carol Braccini, in Leprosy Review (2013) 84, 283-291
- Leprosy Mailing List - Editorial in Leprosy Review, UK by Sunil Deepak, Ben Naafs, Salvatore Noto and Peteram Schreuder
- Community-based Rehabilitation (CBR) Guidelines and Promoting Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in International Development Cooperation, MAKING DEVELOPMENT INCLUSIVE, Working Paper - Article 32 of UN CRPD and CBR Guidelines, by Dr Sunil Deepak, 2012
- Community-Based Rehabilitation and Persons with intellectual disabilities, Report of an international Workshop, by Dr Sunil Deepak, First World CBR Congress, Agra, India, 2012
- Supporting Social Relationships, Sexuality and Reproductive Rights of Persons with Disabilities through CBR, Report of an international Workshop, by Dr Sunil Deepak, First World CBR Congress, Agra, India, 2012
- Violence and Abuse Towards Persons with Disabilities, Report of an international Workshop, by Dr Sunil Deepak, First World CBR Congress, Agra, India, 2012
- Impact of CBR - Community-based Rehabilitation Programme in Mandya District, Karnataka, India - book by M. Biggeri, S. Deepak, V. Mauro, J. F. Trani, et al, published by AIFO, Bologna, Italy, 2012 (Book, 6 MB)
- Promoting Empowerment: Emancipatory Research in Community-Based Rehabilitation Programmes - A Guide for CBR Programme Managers, book by Dr Sunil Deepak, Published by AIFO, Bologna, Italy, 2012 - Also available in French version and in Italian version.
- Emancipatory research on impact of CBR: Voices of children with disabilities, Research paper by Deepak S., Kumar J., Ramasamy P., Griffo G., Disability and International Development Journal, 2011/02
- CBR Matrix and Perceived Training Needs of CBR workers, Research paper by S. Deepak, J. Kumar, F. Ortali and E. Pupulin, Disability CBR and Inclusive Development Journal (DCID), 2011/01
- A Community Assessment of Poverty and Disability in Specific Rural Population Groups in Nepal, by Research paper by S. Shrestha, N. K. Shrestha and S. Deepak, Asia Pacific Disability & Rehabilitation Journal (APDRJ), Vol 20, N 1, 2009
- An inter-country study of expectations, roles, attitudes and behaviours of community-based rehabilitation volunteers, Research paper by Sharma M. and Deepak S., APDRJ, 2003
- A case study of the community-based rehabilitation programme in Mongolia, Sharma M. and S. Deepak, Asia Pacific Disability & Rehabilitation Journal (APDRJ), Bangalore, India, Issue 2002/01
- Man, Woman or Disabled - Barriers to the expression of sexuality - thesis for a Masters degree from Leeds University, UK based on an emancipatory research with a group of disabled persons from Italy, 2002
Note: This blog does not have the possibility of commenting on the posts. However, you can Comment through the Facebook Page of this blog or send an email to Sunil at: sunil.deepak(at)gmail.com
This is a trilingual blog, it also has some posts in Italian and Hindi. Each section is independent, which means that the majority of the posts in Italian and Hindi are not translations of the English language posts, they are on different subjects.